First and foremost, congratulations on obtaining your degree! We are sure you feel a huge sense of achievement after three (or more!) years of hard work. The next step of course, is to enter the world of work. Starting full time employment is a rite of passage. It opens up possibilities and marks the beginning of your future.
With more young people graduating every year and despite an economic recovery, a lack of graduate vacancies means immense competition for University leavers. Here are some statistics:
- Nearly 400,000 new graduates enter the job market each year
- The top 100 employers offer 18,000 places on graduate schemes
- On average there are around 11,000 paid internships on offer
- Nearly 100 candidates apply for every Graduate vacancy
- A typical Graduate from 2017 left University with a debt of approx. £34,800
- From 2020 this figure will be closer to £44,000
- In 2017 one in eight people without degrees take Graduate jobs (approx. 12%)
- In 2017 approx 40% of Graduates failed to secure a Graduate role
- Approx 54% of graduates do secure a Graduate role of their choice.
- Approx 48% of Graduates are not aware of or how to source Graduate entry level positions
What Employers Say
- Many graduates are not ‘work ready’.
- Graduates make elementary mistakes in their CV.
- Graduates often fail at the first interview.
- Some graduates lack basic business culture e.g. dress, social norms and conventions.
- Graduates do not have business communication skills.
- Prefer to work with graduates who have been better prepared.
We can make your future brighter!
Top employers often find that graduates are not ‘work ready’ or that they lack ‘business awareness’. Graduate Dawn was founded with this in mind and we aim to give our clients a competitive edge.
Our coaching programme and business awareness workshops, offer to fully prepare graduates for the world of work in order to help them gain the jobs they deserve. Think of us as a ‘Finishing School’ for graduates.
Our coaches work with you and help you to:
- Discover what makes you tick
- Explore your ambitions
- Grow your potential
- Improve your motivation
- Enhance your self-confidence
- Increase your competitive edge
Naturally we will also help with:
- Improving your job search techniques
- CV development and job applications
- Interview readiness
- Sharpening your networking skills
- Preparing for an Assessment Centre
- Negotiating or accepting a job offer
But what if you are not a Graduate?
At Graduate Dawn we understand that University isn’t the right choice for everyone. That’s why we work specifically with individuals seeking a job straight from Sixth Form or College. Entering the world of work opens up a wealth of possibilities. In addition to your future potential career, full-time employment enables independence and ultimately gives you the chance to make your mark on the world.
Whether you know exactly what you want to do or are struggling to decide what to do next, Graduate Dawn offers a step-by-step coaching programme to guide you to your future career.
Take your first step. Find out what we can do for you.
Call or email our team now to discuss your requirements and how we can help you achieve your desired outcome.